SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Utilize the Fresh Coast Guardians' social media accounts to build communication and trust with our stakeholders and visitors and to encourage participation through comments and feedback.
The Fresh Coast Guardians aim to effectively use Social Media to:
- Provide information
- Support community engagement and outreach
- Support program campaigns and initiatives
- Frame the public conversation around issues central to the Fresh Coast Guardian mission
- Assist with recruitment efforts
Please be aware that when engaging with the MMSD through Social Media, you agree to the following:
The Fresh Coast Guardian social media sites serve as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to preservation and disclosure in accordance with Wisconsin Public Record Law. The Fresh Coast Guardians reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to deny access to the Fresh Coast Guardian social media site to any individual who violates this policy. User-generated posts may be rejected or removed when the content includes any of the following:
- Information that will compromise public safety or endorses illegal behavior
- Profane/abusive language, threats, or content
- Content that promotes discrimination
- Defamation or spread of misinformation
- Sexual content
- Fraudulent material or accusations
- HIPPA protected information
- Commerce solicitations or
- Copyrighted material
We do not allow information intended to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
The Fresh Coast Guardians do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with Third-Party comments, messages, posts, opinions, advertisements, videos, promoted content, external hyperlinks, linked websites (or the information, products, or services contained therein), statements, commercial products, processes or services posted on any Fresh Coast Guardians' social media site.
Social media sites contain communications sent to or received by the Fresh Coast Guardians and its employees and such communications are therefore public records.
Social media sites are not monitored 24/7. If there is an emergency, contact 911.